• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Leth

Leth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

Is udemy the right place to sell my videos? I’ve made some tutorial videos for the SEO new bees. Have anyone here used Udemy?

#2 osipov83

osipov83

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:13 AM

I tried it, Very useful platform plus they allow 30 days money back guarantee!

#3 jamesallen182

jamesallen182

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:45 AM

No, don't use it.  They can do promotions for your own course and make it be $10.  It's ridiculous.  I've seen $499 courses selling for $10 for a new years discount.  I wouldn't use it. 

#4 rjjelley

rjjelley

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

I don't think those promotions are without the owners consent. But I have also seen courses discounted by 70% by their creator many times. Really takes value away. For your question... I would say yes, it would be a good place. They are the largest online platform for that kind of thing and the easiest to navigate.

#5 standpoint

standpoint

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

@Leth I think it is a good place to offer your videos if you are willing to follow a structure. They have a review process in place. It takes 24-48 hours to review your course. If they think your course needs more work, they will give you feedback. Then you have to make those changes and re-submit. Once your course passes the quality standards, it will be published to the market. 

@jamesallen182 In order for them to do promotions where they can know the price down to $10, you have to opt-in to their marketing program, so you can actually stay safe from such a huge discount if you don't opt-in. 

#6 tailz1105

tailz1105

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:01 PM

ive bought from udemy, and i see it as a good starting place to learn, but definitely not the place to go for the top notch stuff

#7 omniman

omniman

VIP

• VIP
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

I've bought a few course from there. I think it would be a good place to start, for sure

#8 Verified1

Verified1

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

It's got some useful courses on business mindset

#9 yodude711

yodude711

VIP

• VIP
  • 525 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:57 AM

I haven't used udemy myself, but it is important to understand the proper business model you should employ with udemy.  You want to use it as a lead generator for your higher-priced training products.  

Sell a $10 course on there that then upsells to a $497 course on your website.  Or whatever price point you want, just get them into your email marketing funnel and make it happen.  

• david991 and newbie99 like this
I'm just here for a good time.

#10 bizfreak22

bizfreak22

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:47 AM

Amazing. Learned some programming from there.

#11 tallerthanu

tallerthanu

VIP

• VIP
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:32 AM

I've been making several thousand per month passively from Udemy for about 1.5 years. Have also worked with many other instructors to help them get started with it successfully too. Don't listen to the people who complain about the discounting, as it is just something you have to factor into your course designs and pricing. Like said above, it's not geared towards super high end courses that sell for 1k, but it is a perfect place to start, especially if you don't have a huge list.

You can PM if you'd like to reach out about how to launch profitable courses on Udemy - have helped lots of people with it.

• newbie99 likes this

#12 massive

massive

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:00 AM

Learned how to do simple game apps on Udemy, Have been thinking about putting a course on there explaining how to import from China and sell on Amazon. Things to avoid, etc. It is a very organized platform.

#13 bobbynewkid

bobbynewkid

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

You get to control whether or not your courses are discounted, so it's not that bad.

#14 david991

david991

VIP

• VIP
  • 513 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

I haven't used udemy myself, but it is important to understand the proper business model you should employ with udemy.  You want to use it as a lead generator for your higher-priced training products.  

Sell a $10 course on there that then upsells to a $497 course on your website.  Or whatever price point you want, just get them into your email marketing funnel and make it happen.  

What he said great platform to launch your product and gain credibility.

#15 Lynnxtoh

Lynnxtoh

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

Great way to make money from the general public plus if your info is good then that's awesome cause most of the shit on there is literally shit haha

#16 JonnyBingo

JonnyBingo

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

Udemy can work well as a front end lead magnet, but make sure you're running the traffic through a funnel and a follow up email sequence.

#17 kyokyo

kyokyo

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:10 PM

Udemy can be a way for lead generation

#18 ghard1

ghard1

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

The course I bought was good. It was selling for $150, but I found a coupon and got it for $10!

#19 tupacamaru

tupacamaru

VIP

• VIP
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

It's pretty awesome. I recommend it. 

#20 GGKent

GGKent

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:19 AM